The Worship Program
Seventh-day Adventists choose to worship God because we believe He is our Creator who deserves praise and Honor.
Exodus 20:11 says " in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
We believe that Saturday is a special day set aside for humanity, since the beginning of the world, to spend time worshiping and honoring God. We can worship God in many different ways. It can be through Bible study, prayer and singing praises to Him. We can do this at a personal level or meet together with fellow believers.
We invite you to join us on Saturday morning to praise God and to learn more about Him. You are welcome to sit anywhere during the worship program - there are no set seats - and we don't have a 'dress code' either. If you're comfortable, we're happy!
We have two worship programs each Saturday. A small group Bible study which we call Sabbath School and the Main Service where everyone meets together. In both our services we sing, pray to God and collect an offering. However, we emphasize that there is no obligation for you to give an offering if you don't want to. The program is our gift to God and to you - we don't expect anything in return.
Sabbath School starts at 9.30am. It's a time where we can discuss the teachings of the Bible and socialize with each other.
Sabbath school classes are divided into the following general age groups:
- Adults (ages 26+) Click this link to find the current lesson study guide.
- Youth (ages 16 - 25) Click this link to find the current lesson study guide.
- Teens (ages 10-15) Click this link to find the current lesson study guide.
- Primary (ages 6-9) Click this link to find the current lesson study guide.
- Kindergarten (ages 3-5) Click this link to find the current lesson study guide.
- Beginners (for mothers with infants 0-2 yrs)Click this link to find the current lesson study guide.
Outlined below is a typical Sabbath school program for the adults -
- Lesson Study - At this point everyone breaks into small groups to study the Bible. You can choose which group you want to attend. The duration of the lesson study is about 30-40 minutes. During this time, Adventists study the Bible using the Sabbath school lesson as a guide. The Sabbath school lesson is a Bible-study guide produced every three months by the worldwide church's Sabbath School Department. People are encouraged to study the lesson throughout the week and, during Sabbath school, discuss what it is teaching and have the opportunity to share how it has made an impact on them.
- Member Birthdays
- Mission Story - Every three months, the Seventh-day Adventist church focuses on a certain region of the world and on how church members can help people in that region. The needs and stories of these people are told.
- Offering - Adventists collect an offering in Sabbath school to support the mission project.
The church service starts at 11.00am on Saturday. It is a time where we can unite together, gather strength from the Word of God and learn more about God.
Following is an example of a typical weekly church services -
- Invocation: “We Are Standing On Holy Ground.” (The Platform Party enters as the Congregation stands to sing the Invocation and then remains standing during Silent Prayer.)
Scripture Reading: Pastoral Prayer:
Hymn: 690 - Dismiss Us Lord
Church Luncheon -
on the fourth Sabbath of each month, our church has a free lunch (yes, there is such a thing!) so you can meet new people or catch up with friends.All especially visitors are welcome.
Wednesday PM Activities at Preston Church:
5.00 - 6.00: Ping Pong and other sports; 6.00 - 7.00: Maths Class for all; 7.00 - 7.30: Light Tea; 7.30 - 8.30: Prayer Meeting. All welcome to participate.